The BLUE KNIGHTS® is a nonprofit fraternal organization consisting of active and retired law enforcement men & women who enjoy riding motorcycles.
In the Spring of 1974, Ed Gallant from the Bangor, Maine PD and Chuck Shuman from the Brewer, Maine PD met with five other officers from the area and formed a small, local motorcycle club. The rest, as they say, is history.
Soon, Blue Knight chapters were being formed in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and beyond. With the addition of Canada, and later Australia, the Blue Knights became an international organization.
We now have 13,401 members in 418 chapters in 16 countries!
According to the By-laws, our purposes and goals are to:
1. Provide for the mutual assistance, enjoyment, entertainment, education, physical, mental and social benefit of its members and the general public.
2. To promote and advance the sport of motorcycling and the safety of motorcycling.
3. To serve the interests of motorcycle owners and users.
4. To promote by example and any other acceptable means, safe use, operation and enjoyment of motorcycles.
5. To develop a fraternal spirit between law enforcement personnel and the general public.
Many Blue Knights work long and hard to raise money for various charities. Especially near to our hearts is helping children. Make-a-Wish Foundation, Toys for Tots, D.A.R.E., and Concerns of Police Survivors are some examples of our favorites.
From September 1, 1991 to April 29, 2001 Blue Knights have donated to 1618 charities; contributing time in the amount of 133,486.5 hours, goods with an estimated value of $421,431.91 and $3,014,986.52 in cash (USD).
We're the good guys!
The Blue Knights is a family fraternity. Spouses and children often accompany our members to the various rides and functions. When traveling, local members can provide assistance, directions and sometimes a place to stay. We are truly a family.
Among the Blue Knight members,
"There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met."
Blue Knights® Ohio XVIII
BKOK18 will be hosting the Midwest leg of the 2003 COPSRUN to DC
Click here for information on
dates, meeting spots, and hotel arraingements
Check out the New "Chapter Sales" page!
To Link to the International To link to the GLRC®
GLRC Yahoo E-Mail Group
Welcome to the Blue Knights® Ohio XVIII web site.
We are a member of the Great Lakes Regional Conference.
Click on the moving
Knight to e-mail the